The Finnish joint application is a national application procedure the Finnish education institutions use when selecting new students to to higher education institutions.
Higher education institutions have two application times during each spring:
- Application period in January for degree programmes offered in English.
- Application period in March-April for degree programmes offered in Finnish.
Applying through joint application is done with one form. You can apply to a maximum of six degree programmes which you should rank in the order in which you wish to be selected. The order is binding and you cannot change it after the application period has ended.
The next application period for study programmes offered in English is 7 January at 8 am EET to 20 January 2021 at 3 pm EET.
Checklist: Before you apply
- Find the most appealing Degree Programme for you.
- Check the admission criteria: Make sure you know all about the eligibility criteria, application process and deadlines and possible entrance exam.
- Take a look at the tuition fees and scholarships: The higher education institutions in Finland collect tuition fees from students outside the EU/EEA area.
- Remember to apply and submit attachments during the application period.
How to fill in the application form:
When the application period is open, you can access the application form from the Studyinfo front page and from each study programme. You do not need to register or log in in order to apply. Fill in the application and submit it during the application period. If you have not submitted your application by the end of the application period, it is not possible to apply. Submit the required documents on time.
Is there an entrance exam?
Check the specific admission and eligibility criteria and information on tests and entrance exams for each study programme you wish to apply to. You can find the information from the Studyinfo-webpage at study programme description under the tab “Application process” and also from this page.
Remember to apply for a visa from the embassy in time, if you get an invitation to the entrance exam in Finland.
Confirm the study place
You will receive a notification with the application results from the higher education institution. It also includes instructions on confirming the study place and registration as well as important dates. You can accept only one study place per term. Confirm the study place by following the guidelines and register as a student.
Welcome to Finland!
If you receive a study place and are not a citizen of the EU, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway or Switzerland, apply for a residence permit from The Finnish Immigration Service.
(Information collected from Studyinfo.fi -webpage)
Application Spring 2021
Take a look at all the degree programmes offered in English and apply 7-20 January 2021.