Principles of Sustainability and Circular Economy
In this course, you will become familiar with the pillars of Sustainable Solutions Engineering (SSE). This course is designed for beginners who want to steer processes, businesses, design, policies, and therefore the world toward a sustainable future.
- The students will learn the basics of sustainable development, and how it affects our society
- The students will become familiar with circular economy
- The students will have a clear idea of how resource efficiency affects individuals and businesses alike
- The students will understand the relationship between the driving forces of sustainable development and future economic growth
- The students will learn about environmental technologies that are used to treat and clean the environment
- The students will become familiar with the different global institutions and policies related to sustainable development
- resource efficiency
- principles of circular economy
- basics of sustainable development.
By the end, they should understand the close relationship between the driving forces of sustainable development and future economic growth.
The course is implemented entirely as an online course (HopOn). You can complete the course at any time in 2023.
Study according to your personal timetable, everyone can choose their own. The entire course can be completed independently
The places of the open UAS studies are allocated on a first-come first-served basis. Please note that the registration is binding.
Registration is done in the LAB online shop, where the course fee is paid at the time of registration. A link to the online shop will be published on this site by the start of the registration period.
Studying at LAB Open UAS is free of charge (you need a discount code when you registrate for a course):
- for Finnish high school and vocational school students*)
- for LUT and LAB Degree students
- for LUT/LAB personnel
- for Saipa or Veiterä team member
- for the LAB alumnis: If you have completed your degree within the normal duration (Bachelor's Degree 3,5 or 4 years, Master's Degree 2 or 2,5 years) you can study free of charge in the semester in which you graduated and in the two semesters following graduation.
=> Before registering for a course, please contact avoinamklab [dot] fi as soon as possible to receive a discount code.
*) Please send a certificate of study to avoinamklab [dot] fi. A screen capture of Wilma's frontpage with the name of your school and yourself is accepted.