Study International Tourism and Event Management (MBA) online!
Many of the graduates are able to capitalize on new opportunities either within their current organization or in new professional careers. Applicants are required to have at least two years of work experience in a related field (working full time).
The main topics of the core courses are strategic management, financial evaluation and forecasting and ethics, governance & responsible management.
– All studies of this degree are conducted online in English. The focus is to develop oneself as a professional working in the cultural context. The study units are designed to enable the students’ growth as a professional and to build their own personal study plan. The thesis can be based on a theme related to the student’s own organization or conducted within LAB’s projects, says Kristiina Brusila-Meltovaara, the Principal Lecturer of the programme.
A new kind of programme that provides the latest information in the field
The degree programme is new and the first students from Australia, Poland and Singapore, among other countries, started their studies in autumn 2021. During their studies students will acquire the skill of academic writing. The courses of management, The Event Hub and ethics have also been considered important.
– In case you’re unable to apply right at the moment, you can also study courses included in the programme through the Open university. That way you can apply for a degree either in the autumn application or later via separate application based on Open University of Applied Sciences studies. The courses you have already completed will be counted towards your degree. After the January application process, there will also be a supplementary application. You should definitely apply because this degree gives you a good foundation for networking and lots of new skills! Brusila-Meltovaara says.
LAB is a higher education institution focusing on innovation, business and industry. It operates in Lahti and Lappeenranta and also provides education online. The strengths of this higher education institution specialising in innovation include the circular economy, design, the commercialisation of innovations and service innovations for health and well-being.
LAB has over 8 500 students, making it the sixth largest university of applied sciences in Finland.
- LAB builds paths straight to working life. As a student you’ll be cooperating actively with the companies during your studies already. This makes you the early bird out there: get the best jobs in the business! In LAB you’ll be building your own future and not just studying for the sake of studying. The traditional teacher and student roles don’t apply here, where everyone works to achieve common goals.
- Curiosity, courage and new innovations: In LAB new ideas are fearlessly implemented. Different kinds of people bring their skills together, creating joy and power of teamwork!
- International competitiveness: Students graduating from LAB are internationally eligible experts. High-quality teaching and up-to-date methods provide a great starting point for success.
- Synergy benefits: Close cooperation with LUT University provides extensive opportunities for developing your competence and postgraduate studies.