International Skills Day
For companies, participating in the day can be a step towards a diverse work community, strengthened export and internationalization. International Skills Day will test your company's ability to welcome students, interns, and employees from abroad.
- Learn about student's country culture and markets.
- Evaluate utilization of international skills in various projects and expertise needs.
- Evaluate your staff’s language and management skills.
- Find out if your programs, work instructions, and other documents are produced
- only in Finnish language.
- Use the opportunity to connect with students and educational institutions in the
- Strengthen your employer image with recruitment needs in mind.
INTERNATIONALIZATION OF WORK COMMUNITIES - IS YOUR COMPANY READY FOR CHANGE?
The pilot project carried out by Häme Chamber of Commerce is driven by changes in the business world: rapidly expanding work communities, the need for international talent and increasing labor shortages. These challenges affect many companies in Häme region.
It is important that we are able to keep international students in our labor market instead of them returning to their home country after graduation. Through the International Expert day, we help students explore and encourage their interest in local companies as potential future employers.
DURING THE DAY, PARTICIPANTS WILL BE ABLE TO JOINTLY REFLECT ON THE INTERNATIONAL SKILLS AND INTERNSHIP NEEDS OF A TARGET COMPANY
Points and Reflections:
- Meeting different cultures in Finnish workplaces
- Need for international know-how in the company
- Utilizing the skills of international students in various projects and assignments
- Identifying possibilities and agreeing on internships or thesis projects
- Employment prospects for companies in Häme region
We hope to increase both foreign students’ employability rate and competitiveness of local companies. Check the papers we compiled to find steps to consider for both students and companies:
How to join?
Participate by joining TAVATA and creating your profile. Arrange meetings using the platform and continue networking after the event. TAVATA is available in Finnish, English and Swedish.
- Register and create your profile at https://tavata.events/
- Join the event with code W4DY
- Edit your profile for this specific event - pitch yourself!
- Arrange meetings. You can suggest the day and discuss further timetable.
mirja [dot] ojantaustahamechamber [dot] fi
044 329 665